- Development economics relating to poverty and household food security issues
- Decentralisation and Provision of Public goods and Services
- Health and Nutritions issues
- Asante F. A.,A. Y. Owusu, and C. Ahiadeke, (2014). Placing Health at the Center of Development in Africa. Accra: Sub-Saharan Publishers. Forthcoming, October 2014.
- Asenso-Okyere, K., F. A, Asante, J. Tarekegn and K. S. Andam (2012). Addressing the links among agriculture, malaria, and development in Africa. In: Fan, S. and R. Pandya- Lorch (Eds..) Reshaping Agriculture for Nutrition and Health. Washington, D.C.: International Food Policy Research Institute. ISBN:978-0-89629-673-2
- Asante, F.A. and J.R.A. Ayee (2008). Decentralization and Poverty Reduction. In Ernest Aryeetey and Ravi Kanbur. James Currey (Eds.), The Economy of Ghana. Analytical Perspectives on Stability, Growth and Poverty. Woeli Publishing Services. ISBN: 978- 9988-626-82-2 (Paperback)
- Asante, F.A.and J.R.A. Ayee (2008). Decentralization, Poverty Reduction and Ghana Poverty Reduction Strategy. In Amoako-Tuffour and Armah (Eds.) Poverty Reduction Strategies in Action. Perspectives and Lessons from Ghana. Lexington Books, U.S.A. ISBN-13: 978-0-7391-1010-2
- Asante, F.A. (2007). Capacity Constraints on Local Government Environmental Policies in Ghana: A. In Breton, G. Brosio, S. Dalmazzone and G. Garrone (Eds.).: Environmental Governance and Decentralization: Country Studies. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. ISBN: 978-1-84720-398-4
- Divya Parmar, Gemma Williams, Fahdi Dkhimi, Alfred Ndiaye, Felix Ankomah Asante, D. Kojo Arhinful, Philipa Mladovsky (2014). Enrolment of older people in social health protection programs in West Africa – Does social exclusion play a part?, Social Science and Medicine, Vol. 119, October 2014, Pages 36-44, ISSN 0277-9536, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2014.08.011.
- Quarmine, W., R. Haagsma, A. van Huis, O. Sakyi-Dawson, Obeng-Ofori D. and F. Asante (2014). Did the price-related reforms in Ghana’s cocoa sector favour farmers?. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 248- 262.
- Fenny, A.P., Enemark, U., Asante, F.A. and Hansen, K. (2014). Quality of uncomplicated malaria case management in Ghana among insured and uninsured patients. International Journal for Equity in Health, Vol. 13, No. 63
- Fenny, A.P., Enemark, U., Asante, F.A. and Hansen, K. (2014). Patient satisfaction with primary health care – A comparison between insured and non-insured under the national health insurance policy of Ghana. Global Journal of Health Science, Vol. 6, No. 4.
- Baidoo, I., Ramatu M. Al-Hassan, Asuming-Brempong, S., Osei-Akoto, I., and Asante, F. A. (2013). Willingness to pay for improved water for farming in the Upper East Region of Ghana. Greener Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Vol. 3(4): pp.271-279.
- Asante, F.A.,Boakye, A.A., Eqyir, I.S. and Jatoe, J.B.D (2012). climate change and farmers’ adaptive capacity to strategic innovations: the case of northern Ghana. International Journal of Development and Sustainability, Vol.1 No. 3.
- Quarmine, W., R. Haagsma, O. Sakyi-Dawson, F. A. Asante, van Huis and Obeng-Ofori D. (2012). Incentives for cocoa bean production in Ghana: Does quality matter? NJAS- Wageningen Journal of Life Sciences, pp. 60-63.
- Tekuni N., D.B. Sarpong, J.K.M. Kuwornu and Asante F.A. (2012) water storage for dry season vegetable farming as an adaptation to climate change in the Upper East Region of Ghana. African Journal of Agricultural Research Vol. 6 (29).
- Asenso-Okyere, K., Asante F.A., Tarekegn, J. and Andam, K.S. (2011) A review of the economic impact of malaria on agriculture development.Agricultural Economics. Vol. 42, Issue 3, May.
- Asante, F.A.,Tagoe, C.A. and Boakye, A.A. (2010) Effects of rising food and oil prices on rural households in Ghana: a case of selected communities in the Dangme West District Using the CBMS Approach. DLSU Business and Economic Review. Vol. 20, No. 1. July.
- Asante, F.A.,Chikwama, C., D., A. And Armar-Klemesu, M. (2007) Evaluation of the economic outcomes of the policy of fee exemption for maternal delivery care in Ghana. Ghana Medical Journal. Vol. 41, No. 3. September.
- Essandoh-Yeddu, J., Asante, F.A. and Gulen, G. (2007) Net WAGP economic benefit requires Ghana development. Oil and Gas Journal. August.
- Wolf, S., Fuest, V. and Asante, F.A. (2007). Water and electricity sector reforms in Ghana: Back on track?. International Journal of River Basin Management Vol. 5, No. 1.
- Asante, F.A.(2006/2007) Household access to water and poverty reduction in rural Ghana. Ghana Social Science Journal. Vol. 3 and 4, Nos. 1 and 2. June/December.
TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS AND DISCUSSION PAPERS
- Kolavalli, S., Robinson, E., Diao, X., Alpuerto, V., Folledo, R., Slavova, M., Ngeleza, G. and Asante, F. Economic transformation in Ghana. Where will the apth lead? IFPRI Discussion Paper 01161. February 2012.
- WB/ IFPRI (2010). Gender and Governance in Rural Services. Insights from India, Ghana and Ethiopia. The World Bank / International Food Policy Research Institute (WB/IFPRI). (2010). ISBN:978-0-8213-7658-4. (Lead the Ghana Survey Implementation, analysis of Ghana survey data and contributed to write up).
- Asante, F.A.,Osei Akoto, I. And Nkegbe, P. (2009) Determinants of production investment decisions of farm households in the ghanaian Volta Basin. Technical Publication No. 90. Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research, University of Ghana, Legon. June 2009.
- Akramov, K.T. and Asante, F. (2009)Decentralization and Local Public Services in Ghana: Do Geography and Ethnic Diversity Matter. IFPRI Discussion Paper 00872. June 2009.
- Asenso-Okyere, K., Asante, F.A., Tarekegn, J. and Andam, Kwaw (2009). The Linkages Between Agriculture and Health: Issues for Policy, Research and Capacity Strengthening. IFPRI Discussion Paper 00861. May 2009.
- Schiffer, E., McCarthy, N., Birner, R., Waale, D. and Asante, F. (2008).Information Flow and Acquisition of Knowledge in Water Governance in the Upper East Region of Ghana. IFPRI Discussion Paper 00820. November 2008.