With the start of a new academic year, 2017/2018, the Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research, ISSER, University of Ghana has admitted six PhD and 15 M.A students to undertake Development Studies Programme.
Speaking at a brief orientation ceremony to formally welcome the students, the Director of the ISSER, Prof Felix Asante urged them to take their studies seriously and begin thinking about the thesis they would be writing.
He reminded them of the duration of the courses, 12 months for the M.A Programme and four years for PhD programme, and that both are full time courses which should be strictly noted.
“I expect you to do more reading as the programme is intensive and quite demanding”, Prof Asante stated.
On his part Dr Charles Ackah, head of Economic Division at the Institute and Coordinator of PhD Programme congratulated the students and wished them well in their academic pursuit.
Dr Simon Bawakyillenuo, former Coordinator of M.A programme and now head of Statistics and Survey division, reiterated the bit about the intensity of the course which they should not overlook.
Mr. David Odjeawo, Senior Librarian at ISSER encouraged the students to make good use of the Library since it is there for them.
After the ceremony, the students went to their lecture halls for further orientation by the PhD and M.A coordinators.
Dr Elizabeth Asante, Senior Research Fellow is the Coordinator for the M.A programme.
A senior member present was Dr Martha Awo, Research Fellow and Coordinator of Short Courses.
- Congratulations Mr. ASSAH SUMALIA MOHAMMED
- ISSER, ICED, others hold first-ever Evidence to Action conference in West Africa
- WAC-SRT Workshop at ISSER
- Workshop on methods for research in agricultural markets ends
- 2-day workshop session herald 2019 Evidence to Action Conference
- 2017 ISSER MA students study tour of Western region ends with fond memories
- 2019 ISSER Courses – second course ends
- 2019 ISSER Short Courses – second course begins
- 2019 ISSER Short Courses: Executive Leadership in Monitoring and Evaluation begins
- 3 collaborate in Systematic Review Training
- 3 West African countries meet over AGRA Baseline Studies 2016
- A Tax-benefit Microsimulation Model makes its debut in Ghana
- Book on Cocoa launched
- Consultative workshop on illicit financial flows
- DAAD Centres of African Excellence team visits ISSER
- Director’s welcome address for the 2018/2019 academic year
- Dissemination Workshop on Productive Uses of Energy for Women
- Ghana Energy Awards launched
- Ghana Social Development Outlook 2016 Report Launched
- IDRC, ESRF organize workshop for ISSER, four others in Tanzania
- IMF Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Economic Outlook: Implications for Ghana
- ISSER and WAC-SRT organize Workshop
- ISSER bares mind on 2017 Budget
- ISSER Congratulates Graduates
- ISSER critiques 2018 Budget, proffers policy recommendations
- ISSER Data Management and Analysis course ends
- ISSER delegation attends final conference of TTI in Bangkok, Thailand
- ISSER Director Assumes Office
- ISSER Director briefs fifteen organisations, leads them on a tour of MLE
- ISSER donates to Takoradi Technical University
- ISSER Donates Two Vehicles
- ISSER draws down curtain on 2016 Short Courses Training
- ISSER Gives 2 Awards at UG VC's Award Ceremony
- ISSER holds event in Morocco
- ISSER holds meeting with stakeholders
- ISSER holds orientation for fresh MA students
- ISSER holds orientation for new graduate students
- ISSER holds Research Collaborative Talks with UEW
- ISSER hosts V.A.W.G. national stakeholders dissemination event
- ISSER launches SGER 2016
- ISSER launches study on effects of 4 years of ‘Dumsor’
- ISSER M.A students on study visit to Parliament
- ISSER MA student wins African Youth SDGs Achiever
- ISSER MA students begin study tour
- ISSER now has a substantive Administrative Secretary
- ISSER Old students donate to Alma Mater
- ISSER organises orientation for PhD, M.A students
- ISSER Participates in 5th RENAPRI Stakeholders’ Conference in Zanzibar
- ISSER PhD student passes Oral Exam.
- ISSER represented at Southern Voice conference in Bangkok
- ISSER Short Courses Programme Begins
- ISSER signs MoU with MoFA
- ISSER Staff training
- ISSER to modify future short courses
- ISSER trains MoFA officials
- ISSER undertakes research into Paperless Port System and Computerization of Tax Collection in Ghana
- ISSER –Media Chart New Course
- ISSER, FES launch ‘The Ghanaian Panel on Economic Development Report’
- ISSER, ICED others hold international conference in Nairobi, Kenya
- ISSER, Kiel Centre for Globalization hold national dissemination workshop on Trade and Development in Ghana
- ISSER, MOFA and APSP agree to strengthen collaboration
- ISSER, MoFA Pledge to Strengthen Collaboration
- ISSER, RIPS drivers refresh skills
- ISSER’s Project Cycle Management Course gets Thumbs up!
- MA students at ISSER embark on study tour
- Maiden Edition of Executive Leadership Programme in Monitoring and Evaluation Short Course ends
- Middle-level Supervisors at ISSER Undergo Training
- MLE organises third regional partners workshop
- MoFA Officials in Mock Presentation
- MoFA training enters third week
- Ms. Hamdiyah Alhassan Successfully Defends Phd Thesis
- Participants applaud ISSER short course in Research Methodology and Report Writing
- PhD Student Ernest Bagson passes Oral Exam
- PhD student passes oral examination
- President Akufo-Addo nominates Prof George Owusu to join Commission of Enquiry
- Prof Augustin Fosu wins an award
- Prof Felix Asante calls for reforms in operation of Paperless policy
- Prof Robert Darko Osei appointed member of GSS board
- Prof. Augustine Fosu, Prof. Robert Osei appointed members of Fiscal Council
- Prof. Felix Ankomah Asante Delivers Inaugural Lecture
- Professor Peter Quartey Delivers Inaugural Lecture
- Roundtable on the work aspirations and prospects of the young people
- See development as a continuous process – Prof Asante
- SETUSA 2017 international research conference ends on a high note
- Standard Chartered Bank delegation visits ISSER
- Summary Report on violence against women and girls launched...
- The Ghanaian – German Centre for Development Studies holds workshop
- Theodora Chalks Success at Viva
- Three ISSER PhD candidates pass Oral Examination...
- Training on a Tax-Benefit Microsimulation Model for Ghana Ends
- Two ISSER PhD students sail through oral defence of theses
- WAC-SRT organizes Workshop on Poverty Analysis
- Wishing Theodora the best on Thursday
- Workshop on Green Growth Diagnostics for Africa Project held
- “We will ensure the continuity of SAMSET” ISSER Director declares