ISSER with support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) is strengthening its capacity to provide Measurement Learning and Evaluation (MLE) technical assistance services to institutions that are implementing development projects in West Africa.
This initiative has established an MLE unit at ISSER to provide operational services across all aspects of survey research and practice; from study design to data collection and storage, analysis and dissemination of findings. The unit seeks to achieve three key objectives: (1) strengthen technology infrastructure and innovation, (2) improve advocacy, communications and marketing, and (3) establish regional partnerships and networks.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to become a part of an exciting and growing survey unit. The upside and growth opportunities for the successful candidate are enormous.
The successful candidate should be able to:
- Handle a full range of project tasks under the direction of the Director of ISSER, with advice from local and International Senior MLE Advisors;
- Write research proposals independently or with researchers;
- Independently handle specific project phases or implement entire projects with general oversight from the Head, Statistics and Survey Division (SSD) at ISSER;
- Assist the Business Manager and the Operations Manager in the performance of their duties
- Have a strong grounding in qualitative research techniques and processes;
- Assist in the gathering and monitoring of qualitative data information relating surveys
- Participate in the training of enumerators
- Participate in the review of primary data
- Supervise fieldwork
- Work more independently on developing client-ready reports;
- Handle client enquiries competently; and
- Communicate relevant information accurately and in a timely manner.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Adequate knowledge of research concepts, practices and procedures, regulatory requirements, and planning and budgeting:
- Must possess excellent communication skills;
- People interaction;
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment;
- An appreciation of computer systems and a good knowledge of Stata; and
- General knowledge of databases is preferred.
At least a master’s degree in any social science background (a master’ degree in a qualitative disciplin is preferable)
Starting salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Vacancy type: Full-Time:
Start date: Immediate
Duration of contract: One year