The Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER) has an urgent need for a Publications/Communications Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, and working closely with the Administrative Secretary, the Publications/Communications Officer will:
- Review all documents and reports produced by ISSER staff and collaborators
- Prepare, coordinate and implement an information and communications plan for ISSER
- Carry out preliminary editing of all publications
- Raise awareness and publicise the work of ISSER
- Plan, develop and disseminate complete, clear and well written materials including print and broadcast media; brochures, booklets and audio-visual materials; press packs, newsletter and web-based instruments to interested parties.
- Design a framework for monitoring and evaluation of information and communication activities.
- Develop strategic partnerships and good working relations with ISSER’s stakeholders in order to maximize impact
- Assist with the organisation of communication and other events of ISSER (Conferences, Workshops and Seminars)
- Assist with the regulation and maintenance of ISSER’s website
- Take the lead in implementing the communication aspects of the Institute’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate the activities of the Institute’s Publications Committee
- Prepare Policy Briefs on on-going and completed research
- Any other duties to be assigned by the Director and the Administrative Secretary.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Should possess at least a Masters Degree in Communications
- Should be able to envision and implement a programme which will communicate ISSER’s work in ways that will enable all key stakeholders to understand, appreciate and support the Institute
- Have a good command of the English Language
- Should be a highly motivated, independent and show initiative, while being a team player
- Should Have good writing and editing skills
- Some experience in publishing, knowledge of the media scene and good contacts in the electronic and print media would be an advantage.